Friday, July 11, 2014

Captain & Coke

This craft was inspired by a need for a male's 40th birthday party gift. The birthday boy is a huge fan of captain and coke, but you could really use any sort of alcohol (that comes in mini bottles). I am not sure if coke makes any other types of pop in the retro packaging, though. 


Here are the items I used: 6 mini bottles of Captain (they are very cheap at super Walmart! I think <$2/mini bottle), a basket bag from the dollar store, a 6 pack of coca cola in the reto packaging with glass bottles, some ribbon, and an embellishment for the top of the basket bag.

I used red and white striped ribbon to tie each captain bottle to the coca cola bottles. There is a lip just under the bottle cap of the mini captain bottle that made it easy to secure the ribbon. For this part, it might be helpful to recruit someone else to help you tie the bottle tight enough to stay on!

Finished product!

All that was left to do was to put the gift in the basket bag and tie on an embellishment! You'll notice I used a different bow than the one in my original "things I used" photo. I thought the red looked better than the blue/white one I originally intended on using. 

Creative birthday gifts like these are perfect for friend's parties. They add a little personal touch, but are still fairly inexpensive! I've found that people are mostly impressed with the effort I put into gift giving. You'd be amazed at the level of appreciation you get for just taking 15 minutes or so to throw something like this together!

Happy Birthday-crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment